Thursday, February 21, 2013

First Arm Workout

Tuesday was my night off from the gym (it's when Eli was off), so I started my workout last night! I had planned on doing 3 sets of 15 and 15 minutes of cardio, mostly because it was freezing and I wanted to get in and get out! I'm bad, I know. Anyway, I did the arms yesterday, and this is what I accomplished:

10 minutes on the elliptical at resistence 15
2x 15 DB benches (15lbs)
1x 15 then 1x 7 DB Shoulder (15lbs)
2x 15 skull crushers (25lbs)
2x 15 DB rows (15lbs)
1x 15 DB curls (15lbs)
1x 7 DB curls (15lbs)

My goal will be 3x 15 for the whole thing, and 15-20 minutes of cardio. For the cardio I do HIIT with 15 seconds of high intensity, 45 seconds of low intensity. It's a good way to get a quick cardio in on the nights I can't stay for long. 

Even though I didn't do as much as I had hoped I could do last night, I'm pretty proud. For one, I got out in the freezing rain and sleet to gym. It was so cold. And two, I have a set schedule and routine for the gym which makes my goals easier to set and reach! I don't know if I'll be able to get out to go tonight since there is ice everywhere at the moment. Can it just be spring already?! I like running outside when it's pretty out. However, even if I don't make it to the gym, I'll try to get in some sort of quick work out at home. 

T

No comments:

Post a Comment