Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Can you even do a push-up?

Last night was the first night of the P90X workout...well, it was supposed to be. Here's what actually went down:

Arrive at the gym with boyfriend. Turn on my Hulu, hop on the elliptical, and do my cardio. I went a little short on the cardio because the P90X circuit was going to require quite a bit of energy. I'm done with my cardio, and I'm feeling good! Ready for this P90X! Hah. Eli hands me the sheet that says which workouts to do like push-ups, military push-ups, reverse chin ups, etc. Not only do you have to do everything on the list, but you have to do it TWICE. Talk about a butt-kicker. Eli shows me how to do the modified pull ups to see if I can even do it...and I could barely even pull myself up with it modified! I've told ya'll how weak my arms are. Believe me, it's sad. Looking skeptical, he asks me if I can even do a "man" push-up. Let me tell you, I can do five. FIVE. And that was more than I thought I could.

 Needless to say, we agreed I should find a workout more suited to "beginners" arms. I've been looking around for something to build up strength so I can do the basics of the P90X. I'm going to put together a weekly plan for the rest of this month and maybe March depending on how quickly I progress. I'll post it as soon as I figure it out!

Have a happy Tuesday!

T

6 comments:

  1. P90x is really hard. I'm a cardio gal myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You'll get there. Pull-ups are tough. I can barely do any myself. In fact, I just asked the trainer at the gym which machine I can even do them on there. My only practice is at the playground with my son. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cat Agreed! It's tough, I was wanting my cardio back after failing, haha.

    @Jessica I hope so! Hopefully after a while of arm workouts I'll be able to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shredded. There's a lot of strength training for arms in there. I'm a fan.

    http://copiousmusings.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I got really serious about exercise, I tried that work out. I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian. She's no nonsense, and I like it!

      Delete
    2. I really enjoy working out. I like that as I continue the levels don't get easier. Day 7 on level 1 is still intense. And I still feel like my body is changing. Well. I know it is. And that's what you have to do to see change. Work work work.

      http://copiousmusings.wordpress.com

      Delete